Thursday, February 17, 2005

Getting and staying fit

My resolution for the past two years has been to get and then stay in shape. It's not been easy at times. There are demands on my time which mean I don't get to devote the energy to it I would like. Leaving work and *then* going to the climbing wall or gym would mean I would definitely get some exercise in. However if I just go home, getting out to the gym afterwards is much harder - hey, I have a nice house !

Just recently I've been making more of an effort though. If I leave work with the idea that home is just the place I go to change then, plus leave the car in the driveway rather than park it in the garage I find that it's possible for me to overcome the home inertia. In the past couple of weeks I've started lifting weights again with a little more regularity, and I've also - gasp! - started running. Not far, and not for a long time either, but at a reasonable pace. I hate it. There's no part of it which is enjoyable. And yet ... the next day I feel so good. Cleaner somehow, more alert, toned, stronger. So my resultion keeps on rolling along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home