Friday, February 18, 2005

Nearly, so very nearly

I've been playing Halo 2 ... well, let's just say a lot ... since it was released on Nov 9th last year. The single player campaign was fun but ultimately forgettable. However the multiplayer experience is the best I've found yet for any game. Ever. Bungie pretty much got it right when they built the game. Along the way they somehow made me care, despite myself, about the rank you can achieve in the game. And to me there's no truer expression of your abilities in Halo 2 than how you do in Rumble Pit.

For those of you who have never heard of the game, Rumble Pit is basically you and seven others going at each other with guns, swords ( ::the precious:: ) , plasma rifles and pistols.

Ranks are interesting. You can go up in rank depending on how you play. But you can also go down in rank. And it's here that I now have a dilemma. I am so nearly at my level 10 in Rumble Pit, and don't want to slide. As a result I haven't played since I realised.

Oh, what have I become !!! And yet ... it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine !

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Bless! I couldn't leave you with no posts at all. So, here's mine - hello you xxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home