Saturday, February 26, 2005

Wessenden Reservoir, Marsden, Jan 2005


Another picture from the walk I went on when I was back in my home village. This is just before you start on the first uphill section. It's from series of three connected reservoirs providing water for West Yorkshire. It was built in the late 1800's back when I guess labour was cheaper. All the stone was quarried locally for it which you can see as you walk at the side of the water. 

Some more views of the same area can be seen here

3 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

another beautiful photo. i'll have to see them all sometime.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Thank you again. I do have the original full size images if you'd like one for desktop wallpaper.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would, if you don't mind. the one of "a walk in the moors"
thanks,
t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home