Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Aging gracefully

At the risk of being insensitive, there was a sight last night which just amused me.

Let me back up a bit.

On Tuesday evenings there's a regular big bike ride that comes through our neighbourhood. The weather was perfect yesterday, no wind and around 75F. The first group came through of about thirty, then spread out other groups of sixes, fours, fives, threes.

Pretty much towards the back was a tandem. I don't see many tandems in the first place, but on the front of this one was a chubby older bloke looking like Father Christmas in lycra. He was sweating away, pink face, looking fit to bust. It was so comical that I never even took in the person pedalling behind him other than she was a she. And what a fine view for her - a broad expanse of yellow and pink cycling top with sweat pouring off it.

Someone remind me to never do this if it ever comes up. Thanks!

1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Perhaps he was trying to get in shape for the she at the back, in which case I think it's very admirable. I say, good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home