Thursday, June 09, 2005

Working out in the 21st century

I've started exercising in a slightly different way since it seems to be increasingly unlikely I'll make it to the gym on a regular basis. I purchased an Xbox title, Yourself!Fitness as an anniversary present to my wife. She likes it and it looks like a way for me to get motivated too. The idea is that you have a personal trainer who will help you exercise at home. So far, two weeks in, it's worked. I've kept to the suggested schedule, even felt like I wanted to go work out. First time around you perform a fitness evaluation to generate your baseline fitness, then the exercises you're given in the workouts will be matched to that baseline. It's an interesting idea, and actually works well.

Plus the trainer, Maya, is hot.

Advantages:
I'm more likely to work out
There's no expensive trainer to pay

Disadvantages:
Need to have exercise space around a TV
She never gets tired, never sweats (or glows, whatever it is women are supposed to do)

Improvements I'd like to see:
You work hard for 45 minutes. The sweat pours off you, yet you still keep up. After all that effort Maya really ought to take her top off. C'mon, just do it OK ?!

3 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

The term you're looking for is "glisten" we don't sweat, we glisten.

I agree that Maya should take off her top as a reward - as soon as they make an equally hot male equivalent for those of us who aren't impressed with a nice rack.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Glisten, got it. Although I'm sure I've seen some women sweat buckets. I guess that was "glistening" buckets then.

There is no hot male equivalent, and that's really where the developers can improve next time. That and make it Yourself!Fitness XXX. I wonder if that was done to make it less imtimidating ?

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Sancho said...

Perhaps if you offered her some of that Bourbon, I understand it had you running through your neighborhood in the 'all together' last night after having more than your fair share.


Also...update this thing man...once a month at least! Evenstar can even pull that off and she can barely get close enough to her keyboard to type.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home