Thursday, May 26, 2005

Whatever

Tomorrow is my citizenship interview in Charlotte. I need to show an awareness of American history and civics, things like knowing about the Louisiana Purchase, the Monroe Doctrine, the American belief in Manifest Destiny (folks, we're done with that now, OK ?) and the correct way to say "y'all". It's involved. Tons of other stuff stuff too - I mean, c'mon guys, really, calling the intro to the consitiution the "preamble". Are you serious about this ? How do you have such faith in a document that sounds like somebody just made it all up after lunch with someone else scribbling furiously next to him ? The preamble ?! Why not just call it the "mutterings" or the "chuntering". Whatever works for you I guess, but still ...

Don't worry mum, I'm still British too.

1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Good luck with it all! Just promise I'll never hear you say "Y'all" when we play. Unless it's in your Jersey accent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home