Wednesday, May 25, 2005

When it rains

Yesterday morning was glorious. The weather promised to be one of those Carolina days that are almost but not quite summer. I got the bike out and rode in, excited all day long about the ride back.

That was a mistake.

It was raining a little when I left work yesterday. Somehow it managed to get heavier before the end of the car park. I was completely soaked by the time I arrived at the main road, at which point the thunder and lightning started. My sneakers filled with water. My helmet visor acted to keep the rain from driving into my arms but I could barely see through the torrents pouring down. This has happened before, but the way the weather works here it's usually in a cell which blows over after a couple of miles. Not yesterday, this was all the way home. It rained so hard it stung my bare arms,. The road was slippery under the tires and I was sliding when turning. And it was cold too. Longest 13 miles yet on my bike.

I didn't have to break out my sunglasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home