Thursday, August 04, 2005

Waxy bubbles floating

There was a lava lamp at home that was getting very little use. It was pretty when we were using it, but most of the time we're in that room the TV is on and that's what gets looked at. So I decided to bring it into work with me. This may not have been the smartest of moves. I spend all day long at my desk, and when I need to stop and think about something I sit back in my chair. That's when I've started to notice the lamp. It has hypnotic properties. I end up just watching these bubbles of wax float up and down in the water. I start making these little internal bets about when the bubble is going to float up ... or down, and find myself upset when some other bubble that wasn't my choice makes it first.

I don't think I've ended up drooling on myself yet, but I know I've spaced out a few times. No-one has said anything to me yet, but that may only be fear of the lamp-gazing loony that's keeping them at bay.

Damn, another bubble on the way down bumped into my upward bubble and stopped it. How rude !

4 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Something like a lava lamp is way too distracting for me. I give you credit that you get any work done in a day.

You taking wagers on the waxy bubble race?

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Sure, you want in ? I can pick a bubble for you and let you know if you win, lose or draw ?

The lamp's pretty active right now. It's hard a good three hours to warm up and has some nice bubble activity going on.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

I'll put $5 on the one you think will win. No points for second place, I'm in it to win!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Paul said...

And ... we're off !

You got a down bubble. It wasn't really that close a race, your bubble always looked strong. It even did a little happy bounce at the end.

Now you have $10 to spend on yourself this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home