Sunday, April 30, 2006

Smooth soft hands

The more miles I do on the bike, the more my hands take a beating. Road bikes are inherently uncomfortable. I've mitigated as far as I can - thicker padding in the shorts till they look like a filled diaper, a new saddle to help protect the rear a little more.

So the rear end of me is working out pretty good now. But on longer rides the vibration comes through the bars to my hands and I get very numbed out, tingly fingers. So, today new handlebar wrap.

This stuff has techno-gel in it. With a name like techno-gel it just has to be good. Wrapping the bars was an exercise in patience, but it looks ok now. The gel goes underneath all this and is supposed to adsorb road shock.

The first real test will be June 3rd when I go to ride my first century of the year. More news then sports fans.

2 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

You're turning into a girlie-man. It's all about the callous my friend.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Paul said...

It's also all about being able to not have a tingling sensation in your hands two weeks after you get done. The other part of the plan is to buy some new gloves too, although these sound a little less girlie - the Spenco Ironman Elite. Elite no less !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home