Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Eating for England

So I've discovered the downside of riding longer distances. It's not the sore knees I was worried about (both are fine). It's not even the lingering effects of the saddle, although that's not great, thanks for asking. Nope, it's the need to eat constantly. My granola breakfast yesterday morning was a useless attempt to fill a hole. I managed to make it through to 11:30 then had lunch. Still hungry. My boss arrived back with a big Subway tuna sandwich and gave me some of that. Still hungry. Snickers bar around 2pm. OK for a while. Worked out at home. Fed the kids. Snacked on their left over tater tots. Then a big steak and mushrooms last night. Still hungry.

This morning I had tater tots, fish fingers (hey, they were left over in the fridge and I was hungry) and an egg. That finally did it.

I'm going to be eating for a week after the MS150.

3 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

And the problem with eating all this food is what, exactly? Aren't you supposed to eat those nasty protein bars while you're riding?

If it makes you feel less odd, I'm hungry all the time too. Some days I cannot get enough food to keep me satisfied for more than an hour or two. You're not alone.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Sancho said...

Actually you are the one who is not alone, Even. He is alone, and obviously overexerting himself. You'll never overexert yourself playing Halo, unless you are like this guy. http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/profilenews.cfm?pagecode=NENE&areacode=NEWS_mhf&id=8322

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Aw, Sancho, sometimes you're just too sweet for words. Calling me alone, always alone. Blood getting into your Zima-stream again ?

Even, I've done some of those protein bars, and also tried carb powergel thingies on Saturday which I'm sure helped get me round. I was just surprised how hungry I felt Sunday and again on Monday and Tuesday. I finally feel full today.

Michael, you did mention about the eating before, but it's not something I've focused on before. Also I didn't feel hungry afterwards. I guess I can force myself to eat, but that's not too much fun. As for Drew, the rumour is an Italian place with heaping piles of food. Oh, and I got the power inverted sorted out too. Glad you got your sponsorship starting to come in. I was helping another guy kick start his today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home