Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Round and round

I was just noodling around as a way of tracking progress on the bike. I got the bike on March 17th, and as of last Saturday have owned it for 163 days. In that time I've covered just over 1,050 miles, which is about 6.5 miles a day on average or 45 miles per week. It really doesn't seem all that significant in relation to the effort I've put into it. Not that I haven't enjoyed getting the miles in. Still, I plan to ride to work on Friday for an additional 26 miles and a training ride on Saturday of 30 miles. Then next week is the biggie - a possible 175 miles in a weekend.

3 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Thems a lot of miles my friend. How many of them were recreational vs transportational (not a real word, I'm guessing)?

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Hmmm. I'd guess about 50/50 in terms of mileage. Not sure though, and after the MS150 that could all be skewed again.

As to whether it's a lot of miles, it is in terms of effort, but in terms of actual miles that I would do in a car it seems a little insignificant.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Paul said...

"By the way, if you've saved 1,000 miles in a year's biking, that's a good bit of devaluation on your car you've saved. I wouldn't call that insignificant!"

True - but I'd estimate only about 500 of those were miles I would have otherwise done in the car. Still, that's a good way to think about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home