Monday, May 15, 2006

Sore backside week

As I'm sure everyone is aware, this week is national bike to work week. All across the country, tens of people are riding into work on their bicycles, dodging F150s and potholes.

Since I've been bike commuting for about a year now, I decided to take it as a personal challenge, with the goal of leaving the car at home all week long. It means a little more organization is needed, and a full pack each way, but I'm pretty excited about it. By the end of the week I'll have taken another 125 miles plus off my annual total, and I'm hoping it will get me in good shape for my first century ride of the year on June 3rd.

Happy riding all !

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Sancho said...

Hey cool. I didn't know this was a national event. In this town you can stop at any number of cofee shops or juice bars and get freebies (including T-shirts)...I have been riding my bike to work for abut 6 years and only rarely have I been able to cash in as I never was wearing my helmet (din't even have one). This has all changed now and I do have a helmet and I do intentd to cash in!


(my ride is 6 blocks :)

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

6 blocks? It's probably more effort for you to unlock the bike or take it out of the garage than it is to actually ride to work.

But hey, good for you Bloke! We may be needing a link to the sponsorship page for the century ride.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Sancho, I hope the cashing in has gone well. My town is not quite as enlightened, but there's a a biker breakfast meet up on Friday morning which I intend to go to. No freebies though.

My second day of riding has gone well, although the speed dropped on the hills a little. Still, it felt really good to be on the bike, especially when a co-worker donated a Bojangles chicken biscuit to the cause.

The century ride doesn't require sponsorship, although the MS150 ride in September is a sponsored ride. Thanks for the offer though JoJo.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Sancho said...

I am almost considering getting serious about riding...I can only hope it passes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home