Saturday, September 03, 2005

34.8 miles, 19.1mph average

My total is now north of 1,100 miles since March 17th. A great ride with Michael today on what's becoming a favorite route from the house. Pleasant Green Rd kicks my butt each time on the hills, but the 40.3mph descent on the last downhill section is worth it. Who knew you could get winded riding downhill ?

Today was the first time that the bike really "sat down" for me in a long fast corner. We were doing around 30 mph and pedalling smoothly. I'm not sure what I did differently but the bike just felt very solid and comfortable under me, like it was really holding onto the road. It was a very pleasant feeling.

The weather was good too - the high was probably around 85F or so max. Tomorrow's weather looks to be even better - highs in the low 80s.

Oh and I bought a saddle off eBay which I'm hoping gets here before the weekend. I don't think I can stand my current saddle on the MS150. Micheal and I swapped saddles as a test today and his looks the same but is 100x more comfortable. If only he forgets in case my new saddle doesn't arrive in time then I'll be golden.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Paul said...

I decided not to ride at all this week. I'm being very cautious about picking up any injury ahead of the big one. I may drive to the Bulls on Friday AM and ride in from there with a work buddy who is looking to get some more exercise. Other than that it's a low miles bike week.

I'm apprehensively excited. I hope at least one of those saddles I bought arrives in time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home