Wednesday, May 17, 2006

OK legs, you don't like me and I don't like you ...

... but we're in this thing together so let's just make the best of it, OK ?

Day 3 of my bike to work week started slowly. Leaving the house I could feel that my butt was a little tender, and my legs really weren't moving like they were on Monday. The only thing I could do was sit back on the saddle and spin things out, hoping that it would get easier. The first couple of miles were pretty tough going, and then after that it started to be something I enjoyed. By the time I got to work I'd recorded my fastest time of the week so far, an average of 17.9mph. Hey, when you're on a bike you learn to deal in 1/10th increments.

As I was approaching the last hill on my ride, the lizard oart of my brain took over and I was stood up, sprinting. Stupid lizard brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home